ACPI driver for FreeBSD
NOTE: Now we have new project page and CVS repository at jp.freebsd.org.
so these stuff is now obsolete. Check
ACPI for FreeBSDPage
This driver is now in merging process. COMPLETELY obsolate
What is ACPI
ACPI is acronym for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface developed by
It consists 3 element,ACPI table, ACPI register, ACPI Machine Language(AML).
- Device enumration.
- Chipset independent OS based power management.
Kernel Driver that recognize ACPI table in BIOS area isACPI
And previously I distributed userland tool that reads ACPI tables and parse
AML.Now it has interactive interface like shell to walk ACPI name space.
The code is here.
Previous version that only dumps ASL-like
language is here.
Now we are preparing CVS repository at jp.freebsd.org.When it is available,
I'll write about it here.
Get any version.
You can browse a bit older version of source code.
- ACPI homepage.
- You can get ACPI spec from there.
- Linux Side of the force.
- PIIX powermanagement patch
- Linux PIIX4 Powermanagemet controller driver.Not real ACPI .
- PIIX4 SMBus driver for FreeBSD
- ACPI uses SMBus as a way to access controller on the mother board.
- FreeBSD IICBus and
- SMBus is a kind of IICBus and the driver is impremented on the
- ACPI for FreeBSD project
- Mr. Iwasaki and I launched the project.